Question

How do I set up my Zap to not go through all 3000 Google Contacts?

• 14 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I have set up a zap for google contacts to my CRM database- FOLLOW UP BOSS “new contact or updates” It is trying to go through all 3000 of my contacts. How do I set it up to start from here on out and not go through all 3000 of my contacts which will use all my tasks. The zap also keeps pausing as HELD too much- so I want for that reason too. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Ranilynch11!

This is likely happening because of how the information in Google Contacts is exposed to the Zap. Normally, when we turn a Zap on with a polling trigger, we look at the current information available in Google Contacts, however, this is capped to the first 500:

personFields=addresses,biographies,etc.
pageSize=500
sortOrder=LAST_MODIFIED_DESCENDING

You did mention that you have 3,000 contacts.

Please note that this is one of the options, as there could be multiple reasons why a contact could get updated (for instance via a 3rd party app integration with Google Contacts, shared contacts, syncing, etc.)

With that, I have also added your email to the list of affected users, so that once we have found a way to deal with these issues, you'll be the first to know.

In the meantime, what you could do (and I realize this isn’t a perfect solution) is add something like "Update" in the Notes field for contacts, for those that need to be updated or added and then use a Filter condition to only continue if Notes contain "Update" and does not contain "Stop".

By then adding another Update Contact in Google Contacts step right after that, to update the Notes field to Stop, you'll be able to make sure that contacts can only trigger and continue down the Zap.

Like this:

Trigger: Google Contacts — New or Updated Contact
Filter: Only continue if Notes contains ‘Update’
Action: FollowUp Boss
Action: Google Contacts — Update Contact (overwrite Notes field with ‘Stop’)

I hope that helps, but please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with :)

Thank you- I am struggling with the address coming over to FUB- its not reading it- says no data exists- There are so many options- Extended, Home, Work, ? What is extended? Bottom line- they all say does not exist.