Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I set a Typeform score to 0 when a user didn't submit the form (Zap Search Was Found Status _zap_search_was_found_status false)

• 15 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Context

I am trying to set up a Zap that sends a Circle user a direct message when they complete a course in Circle and pass multiple quizzes in Typeform. 

I have a Lookup Responses in Typeform action to get the results for each Typeform quiz. I then have a set of Path Rules that checks if the user passed each quiz. Each rule look at the score (var_score) and if it’s greater than a certain number, the Zap goes to the next step, which is sending the user a DM. In theory, if a user fails a quiz, they get routed to the fallback path (which is a DM saying “hey go try that quiz again).

Problem

Sometimes a user forgets to take a quiz in Typeform. The output for this  Lookup Responses in Typeform action is Zap Search Was Found Status _zap_search_was_found_status false

I assumed that the Path Rules would interpret that as 0. However, they seem to be using a fallback value that seems to be the highest possible score. For example, one of my users skipped 2 quizzes--those are the fields in yellow in the following screenshot. But Zapier seems to think the user passed those with scores of 9 and 5, respectively. Any idea on how I can fix this and have Zapier interpret “no response” as “0”?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bianca Ragsdale 

In your screenshot you have 7 complete Filter conditions and 1 incomplete Filter condition.

The screenshot below shows 5 items, likely for the 5 Filter conditions that had left side variable values.

If there is no left side variable value to evaluate against the operator and right side value, then it’s likely being excluded from the logic.

You may want to add Filter step conditions to check a variable value exists. (select exists / does not exist in the middle operator dropdown)

Also, looks like the data returned from Typeform is an array of values. (e.g. the second item below has 3,3,2)

That may present issues where the value is not interpreted as a number.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone Thanks for the insights! Per your recommendation, I added Is True / Is False filters. I ended up adding them to my Paths Rules, and that seems to have solved the problem. For example, the first screenshot shows my new Path Rules, and the second shows that the user wouldn’t have passed. (Why are the var score responses now (missing sample)? No idea.)

I should probably also use a MAX function to pick the highest number out of the array, but if this new setup works, I don’t want to accidentally break anything!

Thanks again for your help!