Skip to main content

I see so many posts how to NOT replace a cell value, but I have the opposite problem - and it appears to have only just begun within the past week or so (not sure if this is a bug?).  Basically, I have a Zap that will update data in a Google Spreadsheet when that data changes in my CRM.  For example, subscription term end date.

But for some reason, the Zap is appending the new end date (“old-date,new-date”) instead of just replacing it as I’d expect.  I’ve double-checked the Zap, and I am not creating this behavior knowingly.  I have verified I’m setting this particular field to just “new-date.”

How can I get it to replace the date as I’d expect?  As it currently stands, I have to go back in after the Zap runs and manually remove the old date.

Hi @Zoby 

For us to have more info, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Ok, I figured it out.  I did look at my runs to troubleshoot, but I didn’t look back far enough.

This is a unique case where my trigger (in this case Stripe) is sending two dates because it’s a switch between two different subscriptions.  I (incorrectly) assumed Stripe would only ever send one value, as the old date is no longer valid.

I’ll adjust my Zap accordingly.