Skip to main content
Question

How do I map Typeform fields to Salesforce when creating contact records in Zapier?

• 19 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I have linked Typeform to Zapier as trigger and the output will be record creation in Salesforce.

From Typeform, it will ask for several contact information in this manner:

Director1 - name, email, phone number,

Director2 - name, email, phone number,

Shareholder1 - name, email, phone number,

Shareholder2 - name, email, phone number,

…..and so on

So I did the mapping for 9 contact records (possible maximum total)

Let’s say I fill out only the Director 1 and the Shareholder 1, Zapier will only send the Director 1 contact record in Salesforce. It won’t create the 2nd Contact record as if it was looking for Director2 when there’s none.

How can I make it to jump to Shareholder1 if Director 2 is not provided/populated?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AxiTrader 

Try using Paths: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AxiTrader,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi @AxiTrader,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi, I really need help. I have existing paths in my zap but not sure how to do it to fix this issue as suggested by Troy. 

If I have 9 actions to create Contact records and only 2 were provided, is the path going to be in between those 9 actions? 

Btw, to add to this dilemma, I have reached the 100-step limit so no way to add paths.

@JammerS is it possible to schedule a call with your Support? I badly need help here.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @AxiTrader,

If you're reaching the Zap step limit, unfortunately, there isn't a way to increase that limit. Additionally, it looks like our Support Team has added you to our internal feedback to increase the Zap step limit.

However, since your workflow is quite complicated, I recommend reaching out to one of our certified Zapier Experts who can help simplify your Zap.

You can contact our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps.