Best answer

How do I get photos/contracts saved in Dropbox to show up in Airtable as attachments or thumbnails?

hi, i’m into real estate brokerage and have setup a record for my listings in airtable. my photos and contracts are in dropbox. 

I have already setup a zap where:

1. for any new property ID created, a corresponding dropbox folder will be created using the property ID.
  2. next is i want to have photos/ contracts saved in this dropbox box folder to show up in airtable as attachments or thumbnails. 

i’m having a problem to execute the 2nd automatically. can the experts here help? thanks!!!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 7 May 2020, 11:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @dee.ph 

It’s definitely possible. Where are you getting stuck’?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi there @dee.ph ,

You could do something like this:

• Search for a file in Dropbox folder
  • Create / Update record in airtable (airtable needs a column with “attachment” type. For the column with this attachment, you wold select the file that was earlier found with Dropbox.

This would look like:

Hope this helps you getting started! Let us know.

~Bjorn

with the 2nd step: to have photos/ contracts saved in this dropbox box folder to show up in airtable as attachments or thumbnail.

let’s say property ID is ABC123

with the 1st step, there will be a folder under Dropbox->Main->ABC123. in this folder, there will be photos and doc and pdf for contracts.

how do i link them as attachments to the airtable record with property ID ABC123? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @dee.ph 

Zapier won’t allow you to find all the photos and files in a set folder - instead, you’d need to find them one by one (each in their own step), searching by name, and the use a create/update step in Airtable to attach them to a record.

Does that make sense?