Question

How do I create a note in Vitally based on newly scheduled Google Meeting

• 8 November 2022
  • 6 replies

I would like a flow similar to:

• Zapier checks for new calendar meeting event
  • Checks Vitally for the emails of attendees to find their corresponding user
  • Add a note to the user account to report that there has been contact with the customer/user

While testing, I was able to:

• Connect my Gmail Calendar to Vitally and it is showing in Zapier for the test zap details
  • Add attendees email as the search value for the Vitally email field identifier
  • The search for the users email fails so I cannot test if it will leave a note

The search for the attendees emails fails everytime which is strange because Vitally uses the naked email and not a separate unique identifier, I can see this directly from the user details.

Has anyone built zaps for Vitally integrations and run into problems setting them up?

Thanks,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JT_Taylor 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context.

Thanks for the quick reply Troy, I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JT_Taylor 

It’s unclear what GCal trigger event you are using since that screenshot was not included.

Based on the mapped variable, either the email address being used to test does NOT existing in Vitally OR there are multiple email addresses, and thus why no match is found.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JT_Taylor 🤗, are you still experiencing any troubles with this Zap? 

Hi @JT_Taylor 🤗, are you still experiencing any troubles with this Zap? 

Hey @chanelle, thanks for checking in. I am still having this issue. I set up a test account in Vitally and assigned my email address as a user but for some reason Zapier can not find the email in Vitally to attach it to the user account.

I checked with Vitally and emails as well as external IDs are used but they are exclusive. One field is email and a completely separate one is somewhat of a EID, meaning I should be able to search by the email field and yield results.

Any idea what I may be missing here or can we set up a quick screenshare?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JT_Taylor!

Just to double check something - does the attendees field from Google Calendar have only one email address in it, or is there more than one? If there’s more than one, that’s why the Vitaly step wouldn’t be able to find a user. If that is the case, do you need to find a user for everyone that attended the calendar event, or only one/some of them?

If there is only one email address in the list of attendees, then the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Zapier support team using the Get Help form as they will be able to take a closer look at your Zap with you.

Let us know how you get on! :)