Question

How do I change the test email address with Docusign Zap?

• 30 September 2022
  • 7 replies

I set up a zap between my CRM (Ontraport) and Docusign. 

I went to add another step in the zap, where once the client signs the contract it will tag them in Ontraport.

But when I go to add the event it only gives me one option, which is request a signature.  I did that in the first step.

How do I get it to populate the event of "completed signature"?

I think the problem may be that it isn't recognizing the signature.

How do I retest the Send Signature Request with a different email address?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Blkblessedlady 

Good question.

Can you provide detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context?

The steps are configured like this:

Ontraport tags them as need to sign - which works

Docusign send the contract - which works

Ontraport tags them as signed - WILL NOT POPULATE this tag

I am not sure what the problem is.  But I think its because the test I did (which worked) is to an email address I dont have access too to sign the contract (a previous person I hired).  Now I want to send the test to my own email, sign it and see it that will allow the next step to populate.  Now sure how to add a new test email though?  

Not even sure if thats the problem

You can’t really see all of that from the picture 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Blkblessedlady 

This still would need to be configured and new screenshot posted in order for us to better advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Blkblessedlady 

this would be another zap where the Trigger is Docusign > Envelope Sent or Completed > Envelope Completed 

In this new zap you can add the action for Ontraport

The problem is that trigger is not an option.  It only gives me one option which is to request signature. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This is why I was saying you need to set this as a totally new Zap :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Blkblessedlady just checking in to see how things are going here. Let us know if you were able to set up the Zap @MohSwellam was suggesting!