Question

How do I add new data to a Google Sheet and then send it over to Autopilot?

• 8 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi!

I’ve been trying to automate contacttransfers from Google Sheet to Autopilot Journeys. I’ve created a sheet and want to import the data from the first column to Autopilot. It seems that this Zap won’t work for some reason. I’m new to this program so I don’t know what to look for..

I have:

1. Recreated the zap from scracth
  2. Tried the different Google Sheet options
  3. Turned off/on the zap 

Ha a nice day!

Greetings,

Sebastian

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sebastian Carlsson!

Are you trying to move the data that’s already in the sheet into Autopilot Journeys? Or do you want new information in the sheet to be added?

If you want existing information to be moved, you will need to use Transfer. A zap will only be triggered from new events in an app. If you’re trying to have new information added to the Google Sheet be moved to Autopilot Journeys, could you please share a screenshot of the set up of the Autopilot Journeys step? Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Thanks!

I want to add new data to a Sheet and then send it over to Autopilot.

Here is the setup: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Sebastian Carlsson! Apologies for the delay here. Were you able to get this sorted?

If not, here are a few things to keep in mind when working with Google Sheets as your spreadsheet does need to be setup in a specific way:

Outside of that, I know you mentioned it’s not working have you had a chance to check your Zap History? Are any errors populating there? If so, I’d recommend reviewing those to see if there’s any hints why this isn’t working there. If there’s no zap history at all, it’s a good indication there’s an issue with the trigger setup. Here’s an article on steps to take to troubleshoot your trigger.

Keep us in the loop! We definitely want to make sure you’re all squared away here. 🙂