Best answer

How can I re-run Zaps when Facebook/Instagram picture URLs change?

Hi All, I am using a third party app, which retrieves data from SoMe and FB Pages. It works just fine, but Facebook and Instagram links to pictures are changing over time. Which makes the Zap to pictures unusable over time. Is it possible to add a feature, which updates the post (and all previous zaps) 

That will ensure that the Zap is retrieving the actual link, and if any adjustments has been to text is also updated, it will be transferred as well. It would be very helpful when integration SoMe into other apps.

Regards

Mick

icon

Best answer by jesse 21 July 2022, 22:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey Mick! Hmm, I am not sure this is going to be possible as there isn’t a way to update all posts/Zaps at once. Can you tell me more about how/why those images are changing as well as which apps need to be able to update a post (assuming Instagram and Facebook pages but I wanted to double check)? While we may not be able to come up with a workaround, we might be able to log some feature requests on your behalf. Let us know!

Hi Jesse, 

Thx for reaching out. 

I am using Adalo app. It is Instagram and Facebook, who updates their picture links over time, rendering the old ones useless, leaving a blank space.. One solution is to try and fetch the image from the url, and then save it to another position and link out from there. But I would prefer  a feature just to be able to update existing Zaps, (maybe just one at a time?), so it just “restarts” the same zap. Then it would automaticly update content and url.

I hope it makes sense?

Regards

Mick

Hey Mick! Hmm, I am not sure this is going to be possible as there isn’t a way to update all posts/Zaps at once. Can you tell me more about how/why those images are changing as well as which apps need to be able to update a post (assuming Instagram and Facebook pages but I wanted to double check)? While we may not be able to come up with a workaround, we might be able to log some feature requests on your behalf. Let us know!

@Jesse - Did you find my answer below usefull?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @MWP! Got it - what you said makes sense. We don’t have functionality that would allow folks to re-run successful Zap runs at a particular interval but I can certainly put in a feature request to our product team on your behalf. 🙂

In the meantime, I would agree that the best approach here is going to be saving those images to another place and then using them within Adalo. This way, you don’t run into images not working when those apps decide to change their URLs. 

I did want to mention that in the event we did include a feature to re-run successful Zap runs, for your use case, it would end up costing you a lot more money than it would to just save/call those images from another place. That’s because you’d be paying each time the interval runs ((each run * each successful action) * the # of intervals) as opposed to 1-2 extra steps for each run that only runs once.