Best answer

Hootsuite error: “Attachment has an unsupported mime type error” when posting images to monday.com board.

• 15 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m hitting an issue with posting a graphic from Monday.com to Hootsuite and getting the “Attachment has an unsupported mime type error”. I’ve tried to get the image out multiple ways but I thought I had cracked it when I got an actual png link from Monday.com.  The URL is https://mindfulbirthing.monday.com/protected_static/12729604/resources/572177696/IG_%20mbcptt%20scholarship.png. I can see that in the URL it says protect_static so that’s probably the issue. Can anyone give me a clue how I get an image from Monday.com into Hootsuite via Zapier please? I just want to post image (originally created in Canva) into Hootsuite. I’ve tried to Google Drive, from Canva and from Monday.com. I know I’m doing something dumb - please help as I’m starting to lose my mind!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 23 August 2022, 00:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ciara M 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how each of your Zap steps is configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

No problem. I’ve attached a series of screenshots in order. The message that’s coming from Monday.com and the message going out to Hootsuite. There is stuff happening in between but it doesn’t affect these steps. If I remove the image element from the message to Hootsuite it correct goes out and sets up in Hootsuite. Thanks in advance for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ciara M 

The issue appears to be because provided image URL is not a direct download link.

Instead clicking the image URL takes you to a Monday login page in order to view/download, thus that image URL as formatted cannot be used in Zaps.

You can test this by clicking the provided image URL in a new private browser.

Userlevel 1
Badge

So I guess that’s not going to work. I’m not sure what else to do. Time for plan B.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ciara M 

You’ll likely need to host the desired images elsewhere (e.g. GDrive) then use another Monday column to store the direct download link for the hosted file.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tried that. I stored the image on Google Drive but the link I got isn’t a media link but rather a drive link, I hit a wall on that option. If you have any idea how to make it a media llnk, I’d be very grateful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ciara M 
GDrive Direct Download Link Generator: https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/

The GDrive Zap app actions also provide the direct download link. (search for the returned URL option that has “download”)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for this. I’ll give it a go. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, I wanted to stop in and summarize some of the recommendations Troy offered up here!

The issue appears to be because provided image URL is not a direct download link...thus that image URL as formatted cannot be used in Zaps.

You’ll likely need to host the desired images elsewhere (e.g. GDrive) then use another Monday column to store the direct download link for the hosted file.

He also shared a way to create a media here:

GDrive Direct Download Link Generator: https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/

The GDrive Zap app actions also provide the direct download link. (search for the returned URL option that has “download”)

I hope some of this helps! 🤗