Best answer

Help with formatting start and end times of detailed event

• 21 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am trying to create a zap that automates a calendar entry based on a paperform submission. 

The paperform submission gives a date which is a specific expiry date for a document.

I want a calendar entry set up to trigger on that date to remind me the document has expired, the event just needs to be no particular time, just the duration of 1 day,

To try and achieve this I set up a detailed google calendar event and the start date to be that expiry date from the paperform submission. 

That was all done and easy, however I originally put the end date as the same expiry date from the submission, however, the end date kept generating some random end date back in 1600 when I tested this step.

I then did a formatter step and created the output to be +1 day of the paperform submission expiry date answer.

However, every time I test it now I get the following error:

Failed to create a create detailed event in Google Calendar

The app returned "The specified time range is empty.".

I have tried and tried and can’t for the life of me find out where I am going wrong. 

Attached are screenshots of most steps of what I have set up. Any ideas where I have gone wrong???

Thanks so so much everyone in advance!

icon

Best answer by Lau-My02 21 May 2024, 10:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

I solved it, I had the wrong formatting in my formatter and it wasn’t matching my answer. All working!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @Lau-My02! Thank you for sharing the solution here. This will be helpful to our Community members who might have the similar issue.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗