Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I'm currently setting up a Zap in Zapier to automate the cancellation of events in Calendly based on specific criteria (like the phone number country code). The issue I'm facing is that I need to extract the Event ID (UUID) from the Calendly event URL, and I'm having trouble doing that in Zapier.

Here’s an example of the URL I get: URL?period=upcoming&uuid=aae4d698-35d3-48f7-b03c-6cfdc985ebb9

I want to retrieve only the UUID part: aae4d698-35d3-48f7-b03c-6cfdc985ebb9, and then use it to automatically cancel the event in Calendly.

However, I can’t seem to find the right field or method in Zapier to extract this information. Has anyone encountered this issue before, or know of a solution to get the Event ID?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Damien55 

Zap action: Formatter > Text > Split

Split at: uuid=

Keep the last segment.

Hi @Damien55,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

This is so dumb. Why would we need to manually format an input needed by another step from the same provider?

Just make it an output out of the box

Hi @Damien55 

Zap action: Formatter > Text > Split

Split at: uuid=

Keep the last segment.

Thank you very much, it working :)))

That’s great news @Damien55!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

@AlekCastillo 

The data returned is defined by the app’s API endpoint/webhook data schema, so that would be a feature request best shared with Calendly Support.