Help needed: Unable to change ticket requester in Zendesk

• 19 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Have created a Zap below.

1. Zendesk ticket created
  2. User formatter to pull the email address from body of the email
  3. Search for the user in Zendesk based on email address
  4. Update the ticket requester/submitter with the user looked up in the above step.

It says it is successful and on every step the output is correct apart from when it comes to changing the requester, it says complete but nothing changes

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Zacs,

It looks like you’ve already contacted our Support team via email regarding this issue. Here’s their latest response to the ticket:

I've opened up the Zap's history here and I see that it has since created successful runs: 

Looking into the most recent run, I see that the zap triggered off a new ticket (ID 18080, subject: auto orders test 6) and resulted in updating the ticket with a new submitter (submitter_id: 11053850088093). 

May I ask if the Zap is now working as intended or if there are any outstanding issues? 

As the New Ticket in Zendesk trigger is a polling trigger, it may take up to 2 minutes for the Zap to fire on a new ticket in the Orders | Auto Orders view. 

I recommend continuing the conversation with our Support team. They will be able to take a closer look at the Zap and identify the root cause of the issue.

Thank you for understanding!

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know if this feature will be implemented soon?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Zacs,

We're really sorry, but it's a bit tricky for us to give a definite timeline on when the new feature that our Support Team has added you to.

We need to take into account the complexity of the feature, how many of our lovely users like you are interested in it, and how big a change it is. And it also hangs on whether we alone can solve the problem or if we need to call in our partners from other apps to help. It's quite a mix, so the timeframe can vary.

Thank you for your understanding.

I believe the issue is that the Submitter-field has to be an agent while the requester can be both agents and end users.

By only allowing updating Submitter via Zapier, you can’t set it to some end user. I have the exact same problem and have to make my own api-endpoint on a webserver which i can trigger from my Zap to make the necessary change to a ticket.