Best answer

Help Creating Zap - Copy Google Sheet Account Name -> Extract Data from Salesforce -> Paste in GSheet

• 28 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I’m new to Zapier and looking to automate a very tedious process (I work in tech sales)

--

Current process:

1. Have a list of account names on Google Sheets
  2. Copy the account name (per row)
  3. Paste into the Salesforce search bar
  4. Click the account name that matches
  5. Get some data from the account
    1. Ex. The Account manager name
    2. Account manager email
  6. Paste this information back into the Google Sheet row to the corresponding columns
  7. Repeat for each row (account)

--

Current zap:

--

Current error:

The ‘Salesforce set up action’ is not working properly. I’m assuming I’m not inputting the correct fields for:

• Salesforce Object → Account
  • Field to search by → Account Name
  • Search Value → Account Name (from the google sheet)

The error I get is either “error 400” or “no search results found”

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 29 October 2022, 01:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bedoya 

Good question.

Can you confirm there is an exact match for an existing Account with the Account Name you are trying to search for in Salesforce?

Help article about how to change the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 1

Hi @bedoya 

Good question.

Can you confirm there is an exact match for an existing Account with the Account Name you are trying to search for in Salesforce?

Help article about how to change the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Hi Troy,

Yup - can confirm that manually accounts exists. Although for the one shown in the screenshot (Decisionlab), there is no account there. I tried deleting that row and letting it go through the next account name but I’m getting the same error. I’m assuming its how I set up my object and field search on salesforce

Userlevel 1

Update - I refreshed it by deleting the account row that didn’t exist, and now it seems to work!

Only downfall I see here is the Zap will crash if it doesn’t find a matching record

--

Next step is to now extract the necessary data

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @bedoya 👋🏾, 

I’m happy to hear you were able to get the Zap up and running! I see you noted that the Zap crashes if a matching record isn’t found. Is there a course of action you would like to take place if a record is not found? Maybe I can help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there friends! I wanted to pop in and share some of the details from the support ticket.

Spoiler Alert: @Troy Tessalone nailed it.

It seems that Salesforce will only return a result if there is an EXACT match for the Account name provided….We also have a feature request to allow a fuzzy-type search (that should bring up "A. Duda & Sons, Inc." for "A. Duda & Sons, Inc")

Our Engineers constantly (re)prioritize open issues and the more votes we get for a feature, the better its chances are to get implemented sooner! There are multiple factors at play (such as the development effort needed or if we need to liaise with the partner in case their API needs changing, too), but as we have your vote recorded, you'll be among the first to know when this feature gets shipped! 

Since we’ve identified this as a feature request, we’ll also be sure to keep this topic updated here in community if and when this ships. 🙂

Thanks for raising this in community! 🧡