Question

Having trouble configuring a gpt action to HeyGen: Create a Video

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have tried to configure with just the defaults and got an error that it was missing a voice_id. My setup is as follows.

Configuration:

As you can see, it only allows the selection of a voice name. My assumption is that it would use the ID as a value behind the scenes. The outcome however when I want to preview the video, presents me with this error. Please help me proceed.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Brett Hamilton! 🙂

That’s odd. Did you select the current Voice ID field value from a list of available options, or did you type it in?

I wonder if it might help to type in the actual ID number into that Voice ID field instead. Can you give that a try and let us know if that works any better?

If you don’t know the ID value, you can sometimes find it within the app itself (usually appears in the URL). Alternatively, if you temporarily add a Create a Video action to a Zap then click into the Voice ID field the ID for the voice should appear in grey text, just underneath the name of the voice:
2471534c867ae90065d8ea172bb4e55d.png

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

I am having the same problem. Can’t create a video avatar in heygen from ChatGPT because of the voice id issue. Even if I preselect a voice it doesn’t work. Please fix.

@SamB it doesn’t work with the ID number. Something is not working in the API communication.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here, @ronintokyo!

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into this issue as well and that manually specifying the desired voice’s ID number didn’t work. As it’s not accepting the ID number for the voice either it could be that you’re both running into a bug with AI Actions. So I’d recommend reaching out to the Zapier AI support team to have this investigated further. You can contact them using the form here: https://ai-feedback.zapier.app/contact-nla

Sorry to not have a more immediate solution to suggest. Please do keep us updated on how you get on with them, keen to ensure this gets sorted!