Skip to main content

This post was split from the topic: 

Has this App been withdrawn? It’s saying “Delay by Zapier (Legacy)” and I can’t find it in the App search any longer. I used it in an App - if withdrawn, is there an equivalent/ replacement?

HI @DSwift, welcome to the Community! 🎉 

I’m happy to confirm that the Delay app is not being removed. We’re currently in the process of migrating folks over to the newer version of the Delay app which is why it’s marked as “legacy”. While the migration is still taking place you’ll continue to the old app version marked as “legacy” - sorry for any confusion caused by this.

To switch over to the new version sooner, you can edit your Zaps that are using Delays, then click the Update button which will upgrade it to the latest version:
80137f52bdd45cd5498cba19bd0844a7.png

Hope that helps to clarify things. If you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can help with do let me know! 🙂

excellent, thanks for the update.

You are most welcome, @DSwift! 🤗

Please do reach out again if there’s anything else we can help with. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡️ 

What’s the difference between the two versions? i.e. why make the change.

Functionally, I assume they’re the same. So is there a performance or reliability benefit for example?

Hi @John Sansom,

Updating the app to the latest version is required since older version of the app since the old app version might be deprecated. Once the app has been deprecated it the version will be paused.

You can learn more about that here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/18755649454989-Update-to-the-latest-app-version-in-Zaps

Hopefully, this helps.

Thanks for your efforts! But unfortunately it does not answer my question.

Effectively you’ve said, you need to upgrade because an App is deprecated.

That’s the “cause” but not the “why”. 

My question is “why” or to put it another way, what has changed functionally to require the change.

I’m interested because we’re seeing performance issues with “Delay by Zapier (Legacy)”, ironically where it’s reporting being delayed ( so ultimately much further than the stated delay interval).

Thus I’m curious if this is known issue and that the new version provides a fix or improved performance. 

Hi @John Sansom,

Yes, they are functionally the same. However, it's important to update the app because older versions can encounter issues, like the one you mentioned. If you're using a legacy version, you don't need to update to the latest version right away, but please be aware that support for legacy versions will diminish over time.

Hopefully, this helps.