Best answer

Happy Scribe app: The app returned "Parameter missing: organization_id"

I'm having the following error message using the app Happy Scribe: The app returned "Parameter missing: organization_id"

The thing is that when I make the API connection there is no field to add the "organization_id" parameter, only the API Key. I have the organization_id parameter on Happy Scribe, but there is no place to put it on the Zap creation.

I’m I missing something?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Brem 26 April 2023, 23:09

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @hrevale 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Before we dig deeper into this, could you send screenshots of how you’ve configured the steps of the Zap so far? That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

(If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Hi - I’m running into this same error. I’ve created a simple Zap that starts with Dropbox and goes to HappyScribe. I’ve logged into HappyScribe and provided the API key. I was not asked for Organization ID at any point, nor do I see a field to enter it on Zap. I do have Organization_ID number available via HappyScribe.

When I test my zap, it says organization_ID is missing

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @hrevale 

Jumping in to see if I can help!

Taking a look at this, it appears you may be running into a bug in this app. Not really sure what is going on here, but I can confirm that what you are seeing isn’t what I’d expect from this app and your setup. I am going to escalate this to our team so we can take a look into this issue. As soon as we have more information about what is going on, we will be happy to send you an email to let you know.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @GFace 

I’ve also added your vote to the bug report, so you’ll be noted once we have updates.

Same issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lfarooqui,

I’m so sorry to hear that. Please know that I've taken note of your email address and have added it to the open bug report. We will update you through email or on this thread as soon as there are any updates on the issue.

Thanks! 😊

Same here, posting to follow

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @pauld,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I have also added you as an affected user to the open bug report.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Any updates here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @GFace,

Prioritization is mostly based on the number of customers impacted. Your vote has added some weight to the issue, which is great!

It might also be helpful to reach out to the app's developers directly and let them know about the bug you're experiencing. While they have access to our internal bug report, it's always beneficial for them to hear directly from their users too.

I apologize for not being able to provide a more definitive answer at the moment. Thank you for your patience, and we'll definitely send you an email if there are any updates!

Same problem. It looks like Happyscribe replaced workplace with organization_id and it wasn’t updated on the Zapier side. It’s a shame it’s been been knows for a month now yet no actions were taken.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @tom8opot8o - I’ve got you added to that report as well. 

Ah, interesting. That’s good to know and appreciate you sharing that. I made a note of that as well. Full transparency, the Happy Scribe app is owned and maintained by a team of their developers. As Ken mentioned, we’re happy to collect information of impacted users and pass it along! However timelines for a fix are entirely dependent on the app developers and not something Zapier is able to offer.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and hopefully we’ll have more news for you soon.

Same problem here. I would pay for Happy Scribe if this worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know you’re being affected by this as well @srobweston.

I’ve added you to the list of affected users so you can expect an email notification from us as soon as it’s been resolved.