Best answer

Halo Service Solutions error: invalid_requesterror_description:The specified Client ID has been denied access.

• 15 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I’m trying to use the Halo Service Solutions ZAP.  When attempting to sign in, Zapier asks for some information 

Which I cut and paste from The Halo Zapier integration screen from within Halo. 

However, when I click “Continue” -I am greeted with an error:

error:invalid_requesterror_description:The specified Client ID has been denied access. This means that either the client_id parameter is incorrect or that the url you have entered is incorrect.”

Looking at the logs, I can see that Zapier is sending over a client_id that Halo is not aware of.  

How can I edit the client_id in Zapier to one that Halo generates for the integration???

icon

Best answer by MikeR900 15 June 2023, 06:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MikeR900 

Good question.

There are no help articles available for this Zap app, so it may be best to try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

FYI: Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves, so if there’s a bug with the integration it may be up to Halo to fix.

I solved my own problem. 

The Halo ZAP uses a hard-coded client_id.   Halo has a Zapier Integration that must be enabled. It is not obvious on the Halo side if it is enabled or not.  After confirming it was enabled, the connection succeeded. Better documentation on the ZAP side would have helped.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey, thanks for coming back to share your feedback and success with the community, @MikeR900!

Glad to hear this is up and running now. 🙂