Skip to main content
Question

GPT Gmail Send Truncation? Investigating Character Limit

• 25 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I am reaching out to inquire about a potential character limit in the Gmail Send Action within the GPT actions of Zapier. Recently, I encountered an issue where emails sent using this action seemed to be truncated when the body of the email exceeded a certain number of characters.

Here are the details of my testing:
1. Initially, I sent an email with 489 characters in the body, and it was truncated significantly.
2. I then tested with 450 characters, and it was still truncated.
3. Finally, I sent an email with 332 characters, which was successfully delivered without any truncation.

Based on these tests, it appears that there might be a character limit in place for the Gmail Send Action within the GPT actions. Could anyone please confirm if such a limit exists? If there is a limit, could you provide details on what it is and if there are any plans to adjust it in the future?

Understanding this limitation is crucial for me to effectively use the GPT actions in my workflows. Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Lucaszapuser,

I’m so sorry for the delayed response here.

I can’t find any documentation regarding the limitation of the Gmail Send Action in GPT Actions. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team regarding this issue.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Hopefully, this helps.