Question

Google Sheets Trigger Can't Find Files In Connected Google Drive

• 14 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I am designing a Zap with the trigger “New Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets”. I have selected the correct app and event, I have linked my correct Google account, and then I get to Trigger. It requires me to select a spreadsheet from a dropdown. 

That dropdown does not show the ONE file in My Drive of the linked Google account. It just shows recent files that were SHARED TO the linked Google account. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SMNICE 

Good question.

You can try setting a static value of the Spreadsheet ID (found in the browser URL) using the ‘Custom’ option.

Hello, 

I have tried to do that, but it doesn’t work either. I’m getting really frustrated not being able to have such a simple, essential function work correctly. Is there any reason/setting/configuration on Zapier or Google that would prevent Zapier from finding “My Drive” on my linked account? I see more questions and answers saying that I should not be able to see documents that were shared with me, which I can see and use. I’m having the opposite problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SMNICE 

Have you reviewed the available help articles for using GSheets in Zaps?

https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@SMNICE 

We would need to see the value you blocked out for the Spreadsheet.

GSheet IDs are much longer than the blocked out value shown below, if you are setting a static value.