Best answer

Google Sheets to Google Calendar: Google Calendar creates an event with the wrong date/time.

• 16 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

HI I have events in Monday.com with dates. These are created by a spreadsheet which with a zap puts the events into Monday.com with a date for the event to take place.

That Zap then sets up all items that need to be done for the event planned into Monday.com

However I am trying to add a step in the zap where it also adds the event to google calendar.

I have this working and have checked timezones etc.

It sends the event into Monday.com however and is using the date in the spread sheet in google sheet.

the time in the sheet is 00:00:00

SO I select the date from google sheet in zapier and then have tried +9h so that it starts at 9am and +17h for end time so finishes at 5PM

No matter how I formatt it is starts the event at 3pm until 11pm  (which I guess is the correct duration at 8 hours but I want 9 until 5pm 

What am I doing wrong please help

icon

Best answer by ken.a 20 June 2023, 08:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Magpie2000k! 👋

Hmm, we have some general troubleshooting steps for this kind of issue outlined here: Zap dates or times are incorrect. That said, my first thoughts are that it might be that you need to either adjust the format, or specify the timezone to be used within the Monday.com field itself.  

Can you confirm what timezones are being used in both apps? And can you please share a screenshot showing what’s been selected for the Monday.com action fields? I’d like to take a closer look at what an example of what is being sent over to Monday.com. Please remove/hide any private information from it first (like names, email addresses etc).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi and thanks for helping.

as you can see below the fields being used

This is what is returned when running the test

And this is the event that ends up in the google calendar.

This is the time zone being used in Zapier

I have dates and times working in Monday.com itself its just when trying to add to google calendar that it goes wrong.

Thanks again 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have realised that it is putting them in on the date required but at the current time that the zap is triggered if that makes sense

Userlevel 1
Badge

Time zones in Google Sheets set to gmt+1

Same in zapier and in monday.com and in google calendar.

Confused now as if I run it saying the planned date cell 9AM to 5pm it put the event in at 1pm 

and the view in Calendar

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Magpie2000k,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Looking at the setup, it looks like you may be able to do this by adding two Date / Time in Formatter by Zapier - Add/Subtract Time function. Here’s how:

Here’s what it will look like in Google Calendar:

9fc0c408902bdbb9564ca6cdbf56c16f.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi and thanks. 

I have come up with a similar workaround juts in Zapier 

Selecting date from sheet 09 GMT-1

Userlevel 1
Badge

However that will still cause issues later on with daylight saving etc. Wish I could work out why it is pulling wrong timezone

If I could issue would be fixed

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Magpie2000k,

That's great news! I'm glad to hear you found a workaround!

After looking into this, I found that this is a known issue with the Google Calendar app. Our team is already aware of this bug and is actively working on a solution. I've added your email address to the list of affected users, which helps in a few ways:

1. It brings the issue to the attention of the integration developers.
  2. It helps us track and prioritize fixes.
  3. It allows us to notify you via email when a fix is available.

While I can't provide a specific timeline for the fix, rest assured that you're now on our list, and we'll update you once the bug gets fixed.

In the meantime, your workaround is the best solution on this one, so well done on finding it!

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We appreciate it! 😊