Skip to main content

Hey everyone,

I have been trying to connect the discord username entered into a google sheets document to automatically apply a specific role to the according user on my Discord server. 

I have entered a “Find User” step, and it successfully finds them with no issue. Yet I always get error 400 at the end, and I have done everything the troubleshooting suggests (i.e., Verify user role and IDs, and make sure the Zapier bot in the discord server has the correct permissions + high enough role to manage other roles). 

I will post screenshots below, if there is anything more you would like to see I would be happy to share it.

Thank you,

nightclub

Hi @nightclub 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap step is configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types/descriptions.

Hi Troy,

Thank you for your response. I have blurred certain pieces of info as I would like to remain somewhat private, I hope that’s alright.

The full process (bottom->top chronological order):

@nightclub 

Help link to follow for expected values in dropdown fields: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

The User field expects the Discord User ID, which is a numeric value.

Thank you very much for your help! It worked!