Best answer

Google Sheets - Status Code 400 Bad Request

• 4 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

A zap that has been working for 4 years is breaking and I cant work out why - the error message is Status Code 400 Bad Request and the info given is this:

Problem
Your Zap is likely to be missing a required field, or a field value wasn't in a recognized format. For example, if a field in your action step is expecting an email address, but the value given is a name, the app may return a 400 error.

Solution
Check that your fields are correctly set up and mapped to each other.

What i cant make sense of is that my zap IS sending the data just fine. It arrives in the sheet! All fields arrive and all data is correct.

Any tips?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 4 January 2023, 12:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ninjamonkey777, welcome to the Community!

There are a few different things that cause a 400 error with Google Sheets, did the error message have anything after the 400 code? For example 400 error, unable to parse range: ''Worksheet-name''!A:A| or 400 Error: Range ('SpreadsheetName'!A31) exceeds grid limits. Max rows: 30, max columns: 3

A couple of things that can cause a 400 error are:

• Colons (:) in spreadsheet and worksheet titles can sometimes cause this error in a Zap. Check the name of the spreadsheet/worksheet in their Zap dropdown, and remove any colons.
  • The spreadsheet/worksheet's name changed. The Zap therefore wasn't able to find the sheet. By reselecting both the Spreadsheet AND the Worksheet in the Zap editor, the error might go away.
  • The sheet contains frozen columns/rows.

If it’s not any of the above then let us know if you can see any additional information with the error code, thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ninjamonkey777, welcome to the Community!

There are a few different things that cause a 400 error with Google Sheets, did the error message have anything after the 400 code? For example 400 error, unable to parse range: ''Worksheet-name''!A:A| or 400 Error: Range ('SpreadsheetName'!A31) exceeds grid limits. Max rows: 30, max columns: 3

A couple of things that can cause a 400 error are:

• Colons (:) in spreadsheet and worksheet titles can sometimes cause this error in a Zap. Check the name of the spreadsheet/worksheet in their Zap dropdown, and remove any colons.
  • The spreadsheet/worksheet's name changed. The Zap therefore wasn't able to find the sheet. By reselecting both the Spreadsheet AND the Worksheet in the Zap editor, the error might go away.
  • The sheet contains frozen columns/rows.

If it’s not any of the above then let us know if you can see any additional information with the error code, thanks!

The sheet does contain frozen columns but it always has - it is sending the data and it arrives in the sheet fine.

The error is wrong - it IS working but its reporting an error so not progressing to the next step.

Thanks for the help :)

Userlevel 1

Bumping this in case someone can help :)

Userlevel 1

ERROR 400 = Login bloq

Lang = Pt-Br {
Estava acontecendo no meu, para resolver tive q sair do login do navegador e entrar com o login do usuário proprietário da planilha
}

---Translated using Google translate---

It was happening on mine, to solve it I had to exit the browser login and enter the login of the user who owns the worksheet