Question

Google Sheets number column not transferring to Trello number field

• 10 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I am using Zapier to connect google sheet with Trello. However, when I link one column to a custom field on Trello (with type of ‘Number’), the value does not go through. I created this Zap 2 months ago and everything worked fine then. However, the issue came up today when I tried to transfer some of my new order.

Can you please advice on that?

Kind regards,

Ivy

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ivy_t 

Good question.

Did you check your Zap Runs history to help you troubleshoot the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step?

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thanks for your suggestion. I just checked my DATA IN/OUT for the Zap yesterday and last week.

For the Zap run last week, data in and data out is matched for that specific custom field. I guess that why the data was successfully transfer to my trello board. 

Data in for Zap run on 3 Oct
Data out for Zap run on 3 Oct

However, for the Zap I ran yesterday, there is nothing related to that custom field in Data out, although Data in still shows that it was able to receive the data.

Data in for Zap run on 10 Oct
Data out for Zap run on 10 Oct

It seems like our ‘Ordered quantity’ custom field did not receive any data from data out yesterday, that’s why the transaction failed. 

Can you please advice on possible reasons for that? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ivy_t 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Hi,

Please see below.

Trigger and action
​​​​​
Trigger configuration
Action on board, list, and card name
Actions on custom fields
Some extra information provided by Zapier

I noticed that the number following custom field does change compared to the Zap run before, which means this number is not static. Does that have any correlation with the issue I am encountering? 

Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ivy_t 

You should click the button to remove these custom fields that no longer exist for the selected Trello Board.

Make sure the Trello Board is configured with the desired custom field.

Then you can try reconfiguring the Zap step.

Hi,

I tried refreshing the fields, remove extra fields but it still does not work. The same issue happened, the data of that custom field showed in data in, but not data out

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ivy_t 

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured now?

Can you post screenshots with how the Custom Field is configured on the Trello Board?

@Troy Tessalone 

Trigger configuration
Action configuration
Action configuration (cont)
My Trello card configuration

Can you please check?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ivy_t 

Looks correct.

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support to see if they can provide further troubleshooting and guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help