Best answer

Google Sheets - NEW invoice creation on SAGE problem

• 11 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

ZAP

When new row added to Google Sheet - Create an draft invoice.

This is the error message - 

<html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx</center> </body> </html>

WHAT I HAVE DONE

Spoke to Zapier customer support and they say that it is an integration that they didn’t make and that I should speak with SAGE directly to fix the issue. They said they will notify them for me too and add my email address to the list of users with the same known fault.

When I speak to SAGE they say that they have noting to do with 3rd party integrations and that I should speak with Zapier. 

round and round I go. Wish I had never moved now. Why advertise partner on Zapier and the ZAP option if it doesn’t work? I would never of left Xero if I would know what I know now. 

COMMUNITY - I see this same issue come up all the time - what was your solution? work around? anything? hoping the community can help because nobody else can.

Thanks in Advance - Luke

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 January 2023, 15:48

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LukeTHEduke 

Good question.

Make sure to review the available help article for using Sage Accounting in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496088340621

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496275663501-Request-to-add-a-new-app-to-Zapier

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Ok, so I have read the suggestion Sage accounting article and I am confident that the App is connected and working. In fact I just tested the connection in ‘My Apps’ and it was that ‘test completed’ as a success. 

This still does not fix my problem?

Can I have some real help please?

Luke

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Ok, so I have read the suggestion Sage accounting article and I am confident that the App is connected and working. In fact I just tested the connection in ‘My Apps’ and it was that ‘test completed’ as a success. 

This still does not fix my problem?

Can I have some real help please?

Luke

I have also now created the same app but using an Airtable instead of Google sheets to pull the data into Sage and I get the same Timeout error message.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LukeTHEduke 

You confirmed the highlighted items below?

Can you provide a screenshot of the encountered error and indicate what Zap step is causing the error?

If it’s SAGE, then changing from GSheet to Airtable, wouldn’t make a difference.

Do I need a paid Sage Accounting account to use Sage Accounting with Zapier?

Yes, you need a paid Sage Accounting plan to use Sage Accounting with Zapier.

A free trial account is available for 30 days. After the trial period a paid account is required. Pricing can be found at https://www.sage.com/en-gb/sage-business-cloud/accounting/

Do I need special account permissions in Sage Accounting to use Sage Accounting with Zapier?

You need to be a Sage Accounting permissions to connect Sage Accounting to Zapier.

The Zapier integration offers the ability to access, contacts, products and create sales and Purchase artifacts. If the user is not granted permission to these areas the integration would return an error response relating to insufficient access.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @LukeTHEduke! 👋

Troy is correct, if the error is coming from the Sage action (which seems to be the case here) then switching from Google Sheets to Airtable won’t fix it.  

I did some digging and found that our Support team have added you to a known bug report for this issue. We’ve not got any workarounds documented on this end that I can share at this time. Once the Sage Accounting app’s developers have been able to resolve this issue we’ll send you a notification by email. And we’ll make sure to post any updates or workarounds we may find in this thread here.

Sorry to not have a more immediate solution here, I know how frustrating this must be. Fingers crossed it’ll get resolved soon! 🤞

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy. Following Sam’s reply i don’t see any point with the screen shots.

I will just site and wait for a solution. Downgraded my paid package with Zapier because of this and once its resolved I shall reinstate. 

Luke

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am having the same issue, is there any solution for that so far?

Userlevel 1

I’m also having this same issue when trying to connect Sage to GSheets. Sage told me it was nothing to do with them and to contact Zapier. I have filled in all required fields and still no luck. This Sage integration is useless until this issue is fixed. Disappointing to see Zapier simpy wash their hands of this. 

This is the error message - 

<html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx</center> </body> </html>

I see this same issue come up all the time - what was your solution? work around? anything? hoping the community can help because nobody else can.

Ensure there are no formatting issues, missing or incorrect values, or any other data-related issues in the new rows being added. Zapier may not be able to create an invoice if it receives incomplete or incorrect data.

Sometimes, the 504 Gateway Time-out error can be related to the volume of data being processed. You can try to add a delay step in your Zap, allowing some time for data to propagate from Google Sheets to Sage. This may help reduce the load on Sage's servers.