Skip to main content

Hello everyone, 

I'm running more than 10 zaps with Google Sheets integrations and the step “Find Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets” sometimes gives an error “Error 502 (Server Error)!!1”. The 1 is not a typo. It started happening about a month ago in all my 10 zaps. I don't see a pattern when it does/doesn't happen. 

Does anyone know how to fix this, or have ideas of what I could try?

Best,

Caspar

Hello, 

Same problem here, thank you!

Same issue here. Probably getting 20+ Error 502 codes per day after having no issues for many many months. It errors almost every run for every zap.

Please help!

over the last couple days, i am seeing a decreased number of 502 errors, from around 6-7 failed runs to around 1-2 daily, but still manual re-run is needed. hopefully it’ll be restored soon 

Same problem here. I get 20+ of 502 error in a day.
It started happening about a few days ago.

@ken.a Can you please add me to the bug report as well? We have been experiencing the same error

Hi there @Frankytank, @elementusMG, @CyrusAY, @haga and @newwave 👋

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in for Ken here. You’ve all been added to the bug report which will help to increase it’s priority and ensure you all receive an email notification once it’s been resolved. 

Thank you @SamB!

But since its a google sheets api bug and not a zapier bug, I think the problem is not within your hands.

Anyway, I will always love Zapier!

https://community.make.com/t/error-in-google-sheets-module-cant-understand-the-issue/56086/4

Hi everyone, based on the comment of TFisch in this link above, the dev team of google is working to fix this issue

Thanks for this Flavia. I noticed an increase in 502 error when hitting the Google Sheets API outside of Zapier too so good to see this is a Google issue and not a Zapier issue. Hopefully they push a fix soon!

Hello! @ken.a or @SamB would you please add me to the list of affected users? I’d like to be notified when this issue is resolved. Fortunately only one of my Zaps is affected but unfortunately I can’t enable autoreplay because I have an error handler later on in the Zap. Thank you!

I’m also having this same issue. Can you please also add me to the open bug report so that I can stay in the loop?

I’m also having this same issue. Can you please also add me to the open bug report so that I can stay in the loop?

i’ll have to manually re-run so many error/halted runs every day.

is there any way Zapier dev team can implement some short term fix, e.g. give more retry / longer time out limit?

Same issue as well

Can you add me to the open bug report as well please? I have been encountering this issue regularly now for a month or two on multiple zaps across multiple Zapier accounts that all use Google Sheets.

Hi friends,

I have added you all to the open bug report for the 502 error in the Google Sheets integration. While we can’t provide an exact ETA of the bug’s fix. We will keep you updated once the bug is fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hello, I would like to get our app added to the list for the open bug report for the 502 error. How do we get added?

Facing the same issue. But since it seems to be a problem on google service i understand, that its not possible to direclty solve the problem. BUT in the make.com community link which is here already posted the developers provided a “fix” by retry the execution if there is a 502 Error in Google Sheet tasks why cant you do the same? Seems to be a minor thing to do. 

Cause all i do after i got the mail is to press the replay button for the failed automation and it always finished fine then.

Hi friends,

I have added you all to the open bug report for the 502 error in the Google Sheets integration. While we can’t provide an exact ETA of the bug’s fix. We will keep you updated once the bug is fixed.

@ken.a

We have been experiencing this issue in some of our zaps as well - can I be added to this open bug report as well?

I am having the same problem too on many of our zaps which is breaking production in our company.

Same here.

Same issue here, any updates on this?

Just an update for everyone. There is a bug opened with Google about the intermittent 502 Server Error. I would suggest everyone vote on the bug there as this issue is a Google one, not necessarily a Zapier one: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/369670473?pli=1

Hi friends,

@ken.a can you add me to the bug report aswell so i get notified when its fixed?

Hey everyone. This is a normal issue with Google Sheets API. The way I handle it on my programs that I create outside of Zapier is to retry again if an error happens by sending a request again. 

To do this in Zapier, you can just enable auto replay of errored zaps. This will cause the entire Zap to play again if something happens, like the 502s from Google Sheets. You can enable this for your entire account, or for individual Zaps. If you're not an admin, I'd suggest enabling it for your individual Zap since you might not have permission.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241726989-Replay-Zap-runs#h_01H9KDY333ZEHNDSHKEVVBN61B

Hey everyone. This is a normal issue with Google Sheets API. The way I handle it on my programs that I create outside of Zapier is to retry again if an error happens by sending a request again. 

To do this in Zapier, you can just enable auto replay of errored zaps. This will cause the entire Zap to play again if something happens, like the 502s from Google Sheets. You can enable this for your entire account, or for individual Zaps. If you're not an admin, I'd suggest enabling it for your individual Zap since you might not have permission.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241726989-Replay-Zap-runs#h_01H9KDY333ZEHNDSHKEVVBN61B

Autoreplay would only retry any failed steps in a Zap run, instead of the entire zao, which means that if your Zap requires a sequence of fields / updates in the Sheets, this retry wouldn’t work (which is the case for me) :(

Autoreplay would only retry any failed steps in a Zap run, instead of the entire zao, which means that if your Zap requires a sequence of fields / updates in the Sheets, this retry wouldn’t work (which is the case for me) :(

Are you sure? According to the article and the behaviour I've experienced, it auto replays the entire Zap. Not just the failed steps