Best answer

Google Sheets: How to Fix "Cursor has gone out of bounds"?

• 22 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Using a copy of a Zap that has been working perfectly well in the past weeks, this additional Path has led to the error code “Cursor out of bound”.

I’ve found only one Thread in the help forum, addressing this issue, but it has been discontinued.

Please provide a solution to this 

In the meantime, I will try to use a standalone zap without paths to see if that works.

Even if so, this error code was an annoyance, especially without any information on how it occurred.

I’d suggest providing a list of error codes to the community, such that users can go have a look at it themselves.

Otherwise I see no use in showing error codes, if that information is not helpful.

Thanks in advance

Tobias

icon

Best answer by engineer1 22 April 2024, 17:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @engineer1 

Check if the Row ID exists (e.g. 1224) for the selected Spreadsheet/Worksheet.

Feedback from ChatGPT about the error.

Related Zapier Community topics:

https://community.zapier.com/search?q=Cursor%20has%20gone%20out%20of%20bounds&content_type%5B0%5D=question&source%5B0%5D=community

Userlevel 1

Yes, the Row exists:

Userlevel 1

I appreciate your fast response, but is providing a ChatGPT output really an appropriate “Expert” answer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@engineer1 

The screenshot doesn’t show enough context to see the Spreadsheet name or Worksheet name.

I’d recommend checking and possibly reselecting the Spreadsheet and Worksheet in the Zap step.

The ChatGPT feedback is an available option to explore for possible guidance similar to a GSearch, or related topics posted in the Zapier Community.

Zapier Experts are experts with using Zapier, but that does not mean we will be experts in the edge/corner cases for the 7,000+ Zap apps that can be used in Zaps.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for doing your best with the time & resources available to you.

I built a new Zap without the “path” option. It works now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @engineer1! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗