Best answer

Google Sheets error: “We're having trouble loading 'Worksheet' data. The app returned "Requested entity was not found.".”

Userlevel 1

Hey guys,

I am trieng to set up a zap which is triggered by “new spreadsheet row (Teamdrive) in Google Sheets.

But when I have to choose the “*Worksheet” field there comes the following message:

“We're having trouble loading 'Worksheet' data. The app returned "Requested entity was not found.".”

Im looking forward to your help. Thanks in advance

Robert

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 March 2023, 16:24

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Robert -FM SALES 

Good question.

Have you reviewed the available help articles for using GSheets in Zaps? https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Userlevel 1

Hi @Robert -FM SALES 

Good question.

Have you reviewed the available help articles for using GSheets in Zaps? https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Hey Troy, yeah I’ve looked it up but couldnt find something like that in the database. Thanks for reaching out that fast tho.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Robert -FM SALES 

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have enough context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone I made a short loom: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Robert -FM SALES 

You can try using the Spreadsheet ID via the ‘Custom’ mapping option.

Same with the Worksheet ID.

Triggering on new/updated rows in a sheet on another Team Drive

Zapier relies on Google Drive's notification system to identify when there are changes in a spreadsheet. This currently works well for Google Sheets in your own Google Drive, but can be a problem for spreadsheets within a Team Drive.

In order to help Google prioritize that issue, please visit Google’s issue tracker, and click on the "star" at the top, to indicate that you would like the problem to be fixed.

In the meantime, Zapier has created separate triggers that work with Team Drives. These are marked with (Team Drive) in the Event dropdown menu, in the Choose App & Event part of your trigger step.

Userlevel 1

The mapping didnt work, but the explanation helps, seems like I am going to use a half automatic workaround then. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hi Robert, did you find a workaround this?

I’m using a google sheet (which I have full access too, even though it is shared from someone else), it is shared into my google drive (not google team drive). It is possible it is from the original author of the document. regardless I’ve tried the spreadsheet id in the worksheet id place, and still cannot pass the trigger test. 

Would anyone have advice on next steps from here?

Cheers,

Zapier newbie

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @IGI,

I’m so sorry for the late response here.

Is your Spreadsheet an Excel file (.xlsx)? If so, I’m afraid Excel files are not able to get fetched by Google Sheets via Zap.

What you can do here is to save the Excel file as a Google Sheets file in Google Sheets. Like so:

fbc0d31dbd15ca7577a1d23b4e792846.png
(view larger)

After that, you should be able to fetch the spreadsheet.

Please let me know if this works.

I ran into this same issue and the ID wasnt working for me but I think I figured it out. Seems to be an issue with the team drive VS. personal drive.

Simply do not select an option for “Drive” Leave that empty and then it should pull in the worksheets.

Hope this helps anyone else dealing with the issue!