Best answer

Google Sheets error "Trigger Partner Failure"

• 17 February 2022
  • 40 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Google Sheets: Trigger partner failure: The app returned "Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Read requests' and limit 'Read requests per minute' of service 'sheets.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:927538837578'.".

Any thoughts what this is about?  

The ZAP involves looking up a row in another spreadsheet 

gml

icon

Best answer by blueguy 14 March 2022, 20:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

40 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @NoahFr, @JacobW, @jayarr and @martinsimmermann. Really sorry that you’re all running into these errors as well. I’ve gone ahead and added all of you the the list of affected users. We’ll be in touch as soon as it’s resolved.

Hi, we’re also experiencing this problem, so please add me to the list of affected users. We have lots of Zaps relying on Google Sheets, and this is becoming a concern.

Hi @SamB - we are now experiencing this issue as well.  Please add us to the list of affected users.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I agree with Martin above!! This is an issue.

Here are some more errors in the past 60 min alone!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for letting us know @TheHistoryQuill and @Greg_GW. I’ve got you both added to the list of impacted users. We’ll be sure to let ya’ll know and keep the thread updated once there’s a fix in place!

Our team is also affected by these errors. Going to look at alternative integration solutions. Don’t believe these issues are happening with tray.io or automate.io. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m really sorry to hear that, @BazookaJoe. I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of affected users.

I don’t know whether tray.io/automate.io are running into similar issues but we’ll be sure to email you the minute this issue has been fixed.

@SamB Can you please add me to the list of impacted users as well? We have been experiencing the same issue detailed in this thread.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Here are some more errors messages that came in today:

Now I am posting these not to complain but try to help here.  Both of these errors occurred at the same time: it was on a Saturday morning at 9:52 AM.  However, our business was not even open during this time so it was “impossible” for these ZAPS to trigger in the first place. 

So I am wondering what is going on here?  Why am I getting errors on ZAPS that should not be triggering?

Thoughts?

gml 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Jack H. and @blueguy

@Jack H., it looks as though you’ve already been added to the list of impacted users by our Support team. We’ll be in touch as soon as we have any updates to share!

@blueguy, I’m not certain what trigger you’re using for those Zaps but if it’s using a polling rather than instant type of trigger then it’s possible for the Zap to be triggered (or at least attempt to trigger) outside of working hours.

With polling triggers the Zap will check the trigger app at regular intervals (every 1 to 15 minutes depending on your plan) to see if there’s been any updates and if there has it will trigger for them. And equally, if the Zap runs into an error while checking we’ll send you a notification about that, which appears to be the case here.

You can find out more about the difference between polling and instant triggers here: Trigger Types 

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

We are also being affected.  Three different google sheet time out issues.  We have had several in between that have gone through.  So it is hit and miss.  Thanks for researching this.  We’ll check back here for updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @ablit! You’ve been added to the list of impacted users. Thanks for hanging in there with us. We’ll let you know as soon as there’s a fix in place!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

It has been 3 weeks and I am still getting the same error message.

Is there any new information to pass along?  Is this the best that customer service can do with a critical tool like this?  What happened to the priority related to this issue?

Can we not do better?

gml

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I just got this from Zapier:

I’m reaching out because you may have received the following error from the Google Sheets integration: "Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Read requests' and limit 'Read requests per minute' of service 'sheets.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:927538837578'." I wanted to let you know we recently got these quota limits increased for the Google Sheets integration which should resolve these error with no action needed from your end. If you continue to see this specific error, please don't hesitate to reach out. Have a great one!

Thank you Zapier!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for looping back around to update the thread, @blueguy! You beat us to it. 😜

For anyone else following along, if you continue to receive errors, definitely reach out to support team and they can do a bit more digging for ya.