Question

Google Sheets - Error: Nothing could be found for the search.

• 10 April 2022
  • 1 reply

I am Trying to create a Zap which will update an existing Google Sheet Row when a new Google Calendar event is created.

The trigger seems to be set and the first update tests well. However, the function needs to update subsequent rows each time the Zap runs. I have built the Lookup Spreadsheet step but apparently missing something as I am getting this notification:

The search is set up as such so that if the date column on the spreadsheet is not yet populated the update should execute.

What am I missing? I am about as green as they come so surely it is something simple.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Knowbody 

Good question.

With the way the Zap is currently configured, the GSheet Lookup Row action is trying to find a value of “” in the Date column, which is why the error is happening because that is not the equivalent of an empty cell.

You’ll need to adding a default value to the Date cells and then set the value in the Zap as the Lookup Value.