Skip to main content

I’ve got a zap that looks up today’s date in a column in excel. I’ve got it formatted as MM/DD/YYYY and it runs properly as it should when I test the zap, but for some reason when it actually runs, it returns an error, saying that it couldn’t find any values within the respective column. Any idea why this could be the case? Is there some kind of formatting error I’ve made? Photos enclosed. 

Hi @therealkenobi 

Looks like your spreadsheet may not be formatted properly to be used in Zaps.

Row 1 needs to be headers.

Cell A1 needs to have a value.

Hello @Troy Tessalone - so putting a label, say “date” in A2 should resolve the issue? I ran a more controlled zap with just the trigger and the lookup step and it worked fine both with and without the label, so I’m miffed as to why that would work sometimes and not others. 

With that, I just ran a test on the whole schematic with a webhook trigger and it seemed to work, so I’ll check it after it’s scheduled to fire tonight and see if it works as expected. 

@therealkenobi 

Help article to reference for how your GSheet needs to be configured to work in Zaps:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276985101-Work-with-Google-Sheets-in-Zaps#h_01HWQ4X0K6ZTAQGHXF1HCD7DFW

Thank you - the values are populating properly and now I must solve a new issue haha. 

That’s great news @therealkenobi! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗