Best answer

Google Sheets error: Error from halted execution, nothing could be found for the search.

• 27 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’m getting an error looking up the spreadsheet row. The HoneyBook account is connected and pulling data. The Google Sheet is connected and pulling data (i.e. field names match up). Here’s a screenshot with the error:

Here’s a screenshot with that Action Step:

Step 3. is getting an error because Step 2. is not sending data.

icon

Best answer by Roadiecpq 27 March 2024, 21:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Roadiecpq 

For Step 2, is there a row with a matching email address being used to test?

Badge

That’s a fair question. That contact was not CURRENTLY in the sheet (I put completed events in a different sheet). When I added her row BACK to the sheet, it worked fine on both steps 2 and 3. That begs the next question: How do I force Zapier to use CURRENT information from the spreadsheet? It is clearly looking at it when I run the test because when I put her row back, it worked. I don’t understand why it is not looking at the current information for its test (or where it was able to find her information after I had removed it...). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Roadiecpq 

The Zap steps use the data from the selected Zap trigger example.

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Badge

Looks like it may be pulling the test data out of HoneyBook. Still, I don’t know how to make it test a DIFFERENT set of data. It says there are 3 test records, but only lets me look at one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Roadiecpq 

Try turning the Zap ON and testing live.

Then check the Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace the data flow.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

If the email address from HoneyBook is NOT found in the GSheet, then Step 2 will result in an error unless you change the setting in Step 2 to continue if there is no match found, which you should then follow with a Filter step to prevent an error in the GSheets Update Row step unless a GSheet Row was found.