Best answer

Google Sheets delayed in triggering despite 2min update time

• 26 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Good morning!

I have a proffesional account with an update time of 2 minutes.

Now I notice that it often takes much longer than these 2 mint hours. My zaps work when a new row is added in Google Spreadsheets. I have the spreadsheet open and see the rows being added, then I wait for action from Zapier but this sometimes takes up to half an hour.

I would like to hear if several people suffer from this and if anyone has a solution for this.

Greetings,

Thomas

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 April 2023, 10:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Waggie, thanks so much for reaching out about this!

The update time for the Professional plan should indeed be 2 mins. Although generally if there’s any issues on the apps end, at the time that the Zap attempts to check for new information, that could potentially cause a delay in them sending back the new information to trigger the Zap. Which can sometimes cause a delay in the Zap being triggered. 

That said, I did some checking and found that there’s a bug reported for the New Spreadsheet Row and New or Updated Spreadsheet Rows (Google Sheets) triggers, where we’ll sometimes seeing a delay in triggering of around 30 mins. And as you experienced, this happens regardless of the Zapier plan’s update time settings. So I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of affected users. 

I don’t have any estimate on when it will be resolved by but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it’s been fixed. And in the meantime, we’ll be sure to post any updates or workarounds we come across here! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Waggie, thanks so much for reaching out about this!

The update time for the Professional plan should indeed be 2 mins. Although generally if there’s any issues on the apps end, at the time that the Zap attempts to check for new information, that could potentially cause a delay in them sending back the new information to trigger the Zap. Which can sometimes cause a delay in the Zap being triggered. 

That said, I did some checking and found that there’s a bug reported for the New Spreadsheet Row and New or Updated Spreadsheet Rows (Google Sheets) triggers, where we’ll sometimes seeing a delay in triggering of around 30 mins. And as you experienced, this happens regardless of the Zapier plan’s update time settings. So I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of affected users. 

I don’t have any estimate on when it will be resolved by but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it’s been fixed. And in the meantime, we’ll be sure to post any updates or workarounds we come across here! 🙂

Hi @SamB ,

Thx for you quick response! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Waggie,

I’m glad my colleague SamB was able to help with your concern.

Please feel free to reach out to us in the Community if you have any other questions or concerns. We're always happy to help! 🤗