Question

Google sheets - Create row goes to top not bottom

• 20 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a zap set up to send data from hubspot to a google sheet. 

The action if to create a new spreadsheet row. In the past it’s always added this at the bottom on the sheet, however, now this is adding it at the top.

I want it to go back to adding it at the bottom. Any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @otimo!

Hmm, that’s not what we want is it? Have you made any changes to the Zap or Google Sheet recently

The first thing to mention is that you need to be careful about changes to your spreadsheet while the Zap is turned on. Specifically, if you make any of the following changes while the Zap is on it can cause errors:

• Deleting existing rows or columns.
  • Adding rows anywhere other than to the bottom of your sheet.
  • Resorting the sheet.
  • Renaming/adding/rearranging columns.
  • Renaming the sheet.
  • Filtering the sheet.

If you need to make any of those changes to your Google Sheet, turn your Zap off while you work on the spreadsheet, and then turn it back on again.

If you haven’t made any changes to your Zap or the sheet, could you share more about your Zap? What trigger/actions do you have? And could you please share a screenshot of the step that adds a row to your sheet. Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Danvers !

So the trigger is an incoming text with a specific phrase. This has been working as it used to send the team a notification in slack as you can see in the photo below. When I run a test for adding a new row, it adds it at the top above my titles

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @otimo, I’ve had this happen to me before! Unsure if this is the “official” fix, but perhaps you can try this. Make sure the text for your titles is different than the text underneath them, even if it’s just bolded out. You can also try freezing the row at the top. As Danvers mentioned, please make sure your Zap is turned off before making any changes! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @otimo 

Make sure to review the available help articles for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help