Question

Google Sheets > Brevo: Updating contact information in Google Sheets, not updating in Brevo

• 15 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m looking to set an automation from Typeform > Google Sheets > Brevo. When clients fill out the Typeform survey, it inputs their customer information into the Google Sheets, which then goes into Brevo as well.

I already have one set up, however I’m looking to have it set up so it automatically updates in Brevo if I change any information in the google sheets document.

Example: My clients Client receives SMS messages on Monday and Wednesday (set up as a column) . I go into Google sheets and update information as they have told me that to just want to receive it on Tuesday and Friday now. 

I have set up all the segments in Brevo, and they are all working when I input a new contact, however, i’ve tried updating the sheet to see what will happen but it doesn’t seem to be working. 

Have I set this up wrong?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tstoolbox 

Good question.

Try this Zap trigger: GSheets - New/Updated Row

“New or Updated Spreadsheet Row” trigger behavior

If you’re using the New or Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger and choose Any column to monitor, any change to a row will trigger your Zap. If you select a specific column, then the Zap will only trigger when there are changes on that column.

Note

Zaps using New or Updated Spreadsheet Row will also trigger for any new rows in the spreadsheet, even if the specified column is blank. To avoid triggering in those cases, add a Filter step to your Zap.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Troy!

I tried placing this 3rd in the workflow.

I updated some information in the spreadsheet in google sheets and then re-ran the zap, however it changed the changes i made back to the original text. I assume the zap is still drawing the information from the initial typeform response?

However, i want to be able to change that information in the google sheet if i need to, and for that to save/update in Google Sheets, and then update in Brevo.

Could you please run me through how I can set that up? Does the updated google sheets action have to come after the Brevo contact list? Or have i just set it up incorrectly.

Cheers,

Harry

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tstoolbox 

The attachments failed to upload.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tstoolbox 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how each action step is configured.