Question

Google Sheets and Looping by Zapier randomly skipping different users sporadically

• 4 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello! I’ve built a couple zaps using Google sheets, Close, Slack, looping by Zapier, and Digest by Zapier. Here’s the intended flow and a screenshot of the outline:

1. Triggers once per day
  2. Looks up all users on a specific team from a Google sheet (one zap has about 8 users in the team, the other has 18)
  3. Loop through each user to pull a report on activity in Close, our CRM, for the day
  4. Add that activity to an excel spreadsheet row
  5. Add that activity to a digest by zapier
  6. On last loop, run a summary report for the whole team, then release the digest with each users activity + a summary report to a slack message.

Everything is working quite nicely, but I can’t figure out why ~80% of the time 1-3 users get completely left out of the digest! I tried adding in a delay step of 1 minute between each loop, but that didn’t seem to fix the issue. It’s always a different user that gets left out, and sometimes they have lots of activity, sometimes none.

When I look at the Zap history, I see all users are correctly picked up in the Loop step 3. And I also see that the correct number of loops occur. AND I even see the missing entries being added to the digest! But for whatever reason, when the digest is released and posted to Slack it’s often missing one or two entries.

I’m a bit lost for next troubleshooting steps, any guidance would be super helpful.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @abcflowe 

Good question.

Perhaps consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert to help troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/experts/automation-ace

You’d need to provide specific examples for them to trace and troubleshoot.