Skip to main content
Question

Google Sheet Zap not firing even after the test has been successful? Google sheet to Go High Level

• 4 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve created a Zap from Google Sheets to Go High Level CRM to update contact records when a curtain field in the spreadsheet contains a value. 

I have checked API connection to o High Level. When I edit the zap and run the test it works, all steps are successful and the contact is updated. But when I publish the Zap and new data is added int0 the spreadsheet nothing happens, it does not even fire.

Can anyone assist? 

Thanks 

Jay

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jay_Mistry 

Help articles about using GSheets in Zaps to review: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Google Sheets: triggers aren't instant

Symptoms

Your Zap uses a Google Sheet trigger, and it’s not running instantly as expected. It takes a few minutes for the Zap to run. This can be confusing since the trigger is labeled as "instant."

Causes

The triggers for Google Sheets are unique among Zapier triggers. It uses both polling and instant trigger methods. This process takes about 3 minutes overall.

How to fix it

There are two ways to approach this issue:
  • Continue using Google Sheet triggers. While Google Sheet triggers may take up to 3 minutes to trigger your Zaps, they remain a viable option if the delay is acceptable.  
  • Change your spreadsheet app. Consider using an alternative spreadsheet app such as Zapier Tables if you require an instant trigger. You can view all of our spreadsheet apps in our App Directory.