Best answer

Google Sheet New or Updated Row not Triggering with Unique Values Formula

• 8 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Google Sheet, where based on a =UNIQUE() formula new emails will populate into a column on a separate tab when a relevant date. This formula populates all emails addresses into a list within a column when they = today + 2 days, essentially a 2 day timer with other filters/criteria. 

I believed this would be a good trigger for Zapier “New or Updated Spreadsheet Row” with Google Sheets. However, Zapier is not triggering when new emails are automatically populated into this column through that formula.

Has anyone experienced this and/or discovered how to solve this?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 8 April 2024, 18:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MontyMonstah 

GSheet Zap triggers are NOT instant and trigger times depend on the Zapier plan.

Help articles for using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1

Worked! Thank you. I did wait for more than 10 minutes. Not sure why, but after testing a few different ways it started working within 3 minutes. 🤷

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @MontyMonstah! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗