Best answer

Google Sheet error: The spreadsheet row could not be sent to Google Sheets. Unable to get value when looking for rows.

• 17 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I am preparing a Zap Templates for users of my service.
One of the steps is to create a Google Spreadsheet.

The first problem is that when creating a template, there is no variable with the ID of the worksheet.

The next step is to create rows in the table. I can't specify the worksheet ID here because I didn't get its variable in the previous step. In addition, there are no fields for data series.

And if the user makes a ZAP from this template, he will encounter the error "Unable to get a value when looking for "rows". Is it empty or missing?".

How to solve this problem?

And another problem in the template editor is the endless test of the "Formatter" action. I've tried in different browsers, but formatting testing never ends. And I can't get the output variable of this step.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 17 August 2022, 11:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sergey_Ermak!

Thanks for your question about setting up a Zap template :) 

For the Google Sheets step, you’ve run into a limitation with the Google Sheets Zapier integration: if you use a custom value as the spreadsheet ID, the Zap wont find the column fields to show in the editor. There is a workaround for that, which is explained here:

I think that this will still work if you’re setting up a Zap template, but it might be confusing for a client that uses it. 

For the Formatter test, it looks like you’re not using the most recent version of Formatter. Could you try reselecting Formatter by Zapier at the beginning of the step and try it again?

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any questions :)