Skip to main content
Question

Google sets Zap stops working after initial tests, but manual data transfer works

• 1 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I had a zap for google sets that worked for a few tests, form there it stopped working. however I I click on the sap and chose to “transfer Data” the zap functions just fine, its just no longer going through the process . 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pristine clean 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Badge

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pristine clean 

Could this by why?

The Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger stopped triggering!

If you're watching for changes to a column, we only see new values in that column.
If you update the column of an existing row to a value that Zapier previously saw in that column in that row, we won't see the new value.
You will need to either choose a column that will only have unique values, or make a new one which will.

For example, if you had X in the Trigger column, then changed it to Y, the Zap would trigger.
If you then changed it back to X it would not trigger again, because we've already seen X in that column.

Badge

completely understand…. after the initial trigger I delete the entire row for the spreadsheet all together. this moves the unused cells up to be the next unused rows. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pristine clean 

An alternative would be to use Airtable instead of GSheets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @pristine clean,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.