Question

Google Groups error: Access to your account data is restricted by policies within your organization. Error 400:admin_policy_enforced

• 3 August 2023
  • 1 reply

We are on the Starter tier on Zapier, and I am having an issue authenticating/connecting Zapier with Google Groups.

Here is the error I receive: 

Access blocked: Authorization Error

Access to your account data is restricted by policies within your organization. Please contact the administrator of your organization for more information.

If you are a developer of Zapier, see error details.

Error 400: admin_policy_enforced

And here is the “error details”:

Error 400: admin_policy_enforced

Request details: access_type=offline response_type=code state=1691071276.24094774515 redirect_uri=https://zapier.com/dashboard/auth/oauth/return/GoogleGroupsCLIAPI/ prompt=consent client_id=579184787467-rpr973u0ofv9gq1bhk0m56424f3t27kt.apps.googleusercontent.com scope=https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group

Done

A few detail here:

1. I am the super admin on the Gsuite account 
  2. I have done the following already on Gsuite:
    1. Security → Access and data control → API Controls → Zapier → Change Access → Trusted. 

The Gsuite domain I am providing is what I am seeing under “Domains” on the Gsuite homepage. 

Any help is appreciated! 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @ALTRootsTB,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Google made a change requiring any third-party app that requests admin permissions to be explicitly marked as trusted.

Can you please try these steps?

1. Go to Security->API Controls->App Access Control.
  2. Click on Configure New App.
  3. Select OAuth App Name or Client ID from the dropdown menu.
  4. Type Zapier in the search field. It will list several Zapier Apps.
  5. Click each one until you find the one that had the same Client ID that is showing up in the error message.

Please give that a try, and let me know how it goes! 😊