Skip to main content
Question

Google Forms date not inserting as custom attribute in Accredible Certificate via Zapier

• 28 June 2024
  • 3 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello and thanks in advance for your help 🙂.

I have set up a zap so that if someone attends or later watches one of our webinars, they can complete a survey (in Google Forms) and be issued a credential (in Accredible).

I want the Google Form submission date, reformatted by Zapier Formatter to DD-MMM-YYYY, to insert as a custom attribute I have already put into the certificate design:  custom.course_date].

Most of the zap runs fine but I can’t seem to get the date to insert even though it seems correct in the zap (screenshot from Accredible below, then screenshot of certificate issued below that with a yellow circle where the custom attribute sits in the design).

Help! :)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LaurenTAHA 

For us to have more context, post screenshots showing how your template is configured with the variable: [custom.course_date]

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your response. Here it is:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @LaurenTAHA, thanks for sharing those helpful screenshots here! 🙂

I wonder if it’s the presence of square brackets in the Accredible Certificate action in the Zap that’s are preventing the date from being added to that custom field as expected:
f208390fee71db4b63c81d04774a2a7f.png
Can you try referencing the custom template field just as custom.course_date instead of [custom.course_date] in the Zap? Then test that action again and let me know whether that then allows the date to be correctly added to the certificate.

Looking forward to hearing from you!