Best answer

Google Form to Asana -> Multiple choice ID's not found

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

Creating a Zap that will create an Asana task from a Google Form, and certain custom fields will be filled in using form answers. Some of these answers work but I get the following error in testing:

Failed to create a task in Asana

The app returned "enum_value: Not a recognized ID: S2 - High Priority Issue".

Here are the custom fields options in Asana:

Here are the form options:

Here is the Zap field option. Note: When selecting an option, I get this screen first:

I then go to the Custom header and choose the form question. 

Here is the Zap response: 

name:    This is a Zapier test
section:    1206774001539695
notes:    This is a Zapier test
custom_fields__id_1206753808444846:    {{231372989__5c9c1ba7}}
custom_fields__id_1206753808444860:    S2 - High Priority Issue
custom_fields__id_1206765883947417:
0:    Leader Doors
1:    Leader Floors
custom_fields__id_1206833080214003:    email@email.com
Fields with no value:
custom_fields__id_1206753808444848

There is no whitepacing issue etc for the field data. If I remove this option, I will get the same error for the websites custom field

icon

Best answer by lholmes 20 March 2024, 14:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lholmes 

Help article about using dropdown fields in Zaps:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

You may need to use a lookup table to translate values:

For example, the field expects the bottom value (internal ID) for the selected option.

Userlevel 1

Hi @lholmes 

Help article about using dropdown fields in Zaps:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

You may need to use a lookup table to translate values:

For example, the field expects the bottom value (internal ID) for the selected option.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. The articles you linked show how to link Zapier to custom fields in Sheets, I can’t see any mention of using, or how to use, the field ID?

Also, I cannot see an option to use the field ID in Zapier? If I entered the ID for the example you provided would be a static value, no? 

The aim is to maintain a semi-dynamic entry from the form drop down to a static custom field in Asana 

Thanks again

Userlevel 1

UPDATE: I have looked through your TABLE RESOURCE sheet again and I must of missed the information about LOOKUP TABLES on my first read. 

Thanks for the help on this one. So I needed to create a table that mapped the Field IDs to the Field Values for Zapier to read what was entered from the Google Form.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @lholmes! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗