Best answer

Google Form error: The app returned `{"message":"Unable to fetch custom fields for this project. Status 400

Userlevel 1

I want a google form response to trigger a new Asana project AND new tasks within that project. Is this possible? I tried to add a task creation zap to my existing project creation zap, but I’m getting an error.

The app returned `{"message":"Unable to fetch custom fields for this project. Status 400: {\"errors\":[{\"message\":\"project: Not a Long: FB Ad - Test Form Response - 02-03\",\"help\":\" 

Above “FB Ad - Test Form Response - 02-03” is the title I assigned to the project that is created through the initial zap. Each new form response will need a unique project title.

Is it possible to create both an asana project and a set of tasks (or at least 1 task) using a zap?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 25 January 2023, 19:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jrc2228 

Good question.

For clarity and context, please provide detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the encountered errors, thanks.

Userlevel 1

I’m not sure if that will help, but here’s what I have so far. I assume the issue is that I am both making the project and adding tasks w/ this zap. It seems like the task creation zap won’t work because it can’t find the project to add tasks to in Asana. Help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jrc2228 

We’d need to see how your Zap Step 3 is configured.

Make sure to map the returned Project ID from Step 2 to Step 3 using the ‘Custom’ option.

Userlevel 1

How can I get the project ID if the project is being created as part of the same zap?

Userlevel 1

I did select the new project when setting up the task creation zap, but that doesn’t seem to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jrc2228 

The Project ID will be returned from Step 2.

The Project field expects the Project ID, instead of the Project Name.

Userlevel 1

Is it supposed to be one of the below IDs? If so, when I add the ID as custom when setting up the task creation zap, it tells me no data was found.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jrc2228 

Use the this GID nested under new project.

Userlevel 1

I tried that, but I’m still getting the same “no data” issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jrc2228 

You need to dynamically map the Project ID from Step 2. (expand this to see the variable to map from step 2)

What is shown below is a hardcoded/static value

Userlevel 1

I don’t see any options to dynamically map the Project ID from Step 2. Can you explain how to do that in more detail? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jrc2228 

Same as your did here:

Instead you would map New Project GID.

Userlevel 1

Thank you!!! This worked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @jrc2228. I’m so glad to hear Troy was able to help you solve this by suggesting to select the Project GID field using the Custom value option here! 😁🎉