Best answer

Google Drive to YouTube video upload not working.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone! I am having trouble making my Zapier automation.

I am trying to make an automation that detects when a folder is put in Google Drive, uploads it to YouTube at 7:00 am with a random title from a list I made and a random description from a list I made, and then moves it to a different folder.

Everything works fine to my knowledge except uploading it to YouTube. I put the mp4 file in the folder, and my YouTube channels still have no videos. Now the video is in both the first folder and the folder I want it to be in at the end, but it seems to just be copied.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 15 March 2024, 07:05

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @sam2333 ,

Are you using this step to upload the video?

Then, are you using this step to move the file?

If yes to both, please provide some screenshots of the action portions of each step.

Best,

Ryan Schweighart
Whole Hart Impact, LLC
whimpact.co
I help businesses with HubSpot and Zapier.

Userlevel 1
Badge

yes i am. 

here are the screenshots:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you, @sam2333. Have you been able to successfully test the video upload?

If yes, what does the zap run look like when it tries to run at 7am in your zap history?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well when I test it I'm zapier the video isn't uploaded to YouTube 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @sam2333,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please let me know if there’s any error in the Zap History after triggering the Zap? This will help me identify the issue and help further.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry, I'm not quite sure how to do that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @sam2333,

Kindly head over to the Zap History: https://zapier.com/app/history and click on one of the Zap run and scroll until you see the step that errored and kindly grab a screenshot and send it here.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

i see alot of things.. let me know if you want me to click on one

Userlevel 1
Badge

i get these:

This YouTube step hit an error.

Error message: The app returned "The request metadata specifies an invalid or empty video title.".

This Google Drive (1.0.1) step hit an error.

Error message: The app returned "Error 404 (Not Found)!!1".

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @sam2333,

Regarding the YouTube error, it looks like you’re hitting the character limit for titles in YouTube. While entering information through the YouTube website may differ, for their API (that Zapier uses), titles must be 100 characters or less. https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/videos

Regarding the Google Drive error, it looks like this is due to the incorrectly map data on the “File” field of your Move File step. Could you please try remapping the “File” field with the File ID from the first step (trigger) instead?

ed23aad223ef37ad296275c12261eb24.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you ken.a 

I fixed it all but it still wont upload on the test

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @sam2333,

I believe the issue here is in the “File” field of the YouTube action step. Have you changed the data on that field? If so, could you please try mapping the “File: (Exists but not shown)” data from the Google Drive trigger on the “File” field of the YouTube action step?

You can learn more on how to send files via Zap here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453-Send-files-in-Zaps

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you so much @ken.a , it is all working now. (: 

Thank you for helping me.

-sam

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @sam2333! I’m glad I was able to help!

Happy Zapping! ⚡️