Best answer

Google Drive error: The app returned "The specified parent is not a folder."

• 10 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have created a Zap that searches for emails on gmail where there is an attachment, and then attempts to upload that file to a folder that has been shared with me (i am not the owner of the shared folder).

I have full access to this folder on google drive but when I am trying to choose the folder path on zapier for the attachment to be uploaded to, it doesnt load it under the results. The only result it shows is the “My Google Drive” folder.

I tried to create a shortcut of that folder and add it to my google drive. now the folder name shows in the results, but it keeps giving me the following error:

Failed to create a file in Google Drive

The app returned "The specified parent is not a folder.".

What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 10 April 2024, 13:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @elevatewellness 

To give us more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

Here are screenshots for reference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @elevatewellness,

Unfortunately, the Google Drive integration doesn’t support Shared Folders (Shared with me). However, we have an existing feature request for the Google Drive app to be able to access the Shared Folders (Shared with me) via Zap.

I have added you to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!

The legacy Google Drive connected did support shared folders, this is quite a step back ..