Best answer

I’m having trouble with what to put for “Input Type” and “Input” for the PDF.co action

• 25 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I added a Zap that uses data from a Google Sheet to fill out a Google Doc template then saves that new version in a particular Google Drive folder. All is good there.

Now I’m working on a Zap that converts that new file to a PDF and saves it in a different Drive folder. I’m having trouble with what to put for “Input Type” and “Input” for the PDF.co action. The documentation on PDF.co tells me to select “Link to rtf, doc, docx document or filetoken:// link” but that isn’t an option for me. For Input it says to choose “Web Content Link,” but that is also not an available option in Zapier.

I’ve tried quite a few things but can’t seem to pick a choice that will work.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 25 May 2023, 03:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HHbuild00 

Good question.

You may not need PDF.co to convert the GDoc to a PDF.

Userlevel 1

Oh thank you! That’s great!!

I am creating another Zap that then sends the PDF to Gmail so it can be easily sent as an attachment. Would that be possible without having a saved version of the PDF? I was using ‘when a new file was added to drive folder.’

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HHbuild00 

Once you get the PDF version link for the GDoc then you can map that to the Attachment field in the Gmail Zap step.
Help article about using files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Userlevel 1

Sorry I have so many questions. I’m relatively new at this.

My first Zap creates the docs from a sheet. I basically want an email w/ the PDF attached to be created every time a new doc is created by Zap 1.

Wouldn’t using link only apply to that one very specific doc? Or would it apply to all new docs in that folder?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HHbuild00 

When you map a variable between Zap steps that means the data point is dynamic.

Userlevel 1

It worked! Thank you so much!