Skip to main content

I’m trying to create a google doc from a typeform response. When i dont select a folder, the test works, but when i select the folder i want to document to go into, it doesnt work.

Whats happening?

Hi @GB Accelerator 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your GDoc Zap action step is configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types/descriptions, along with any encountered errors.

The zap says it worked but then the file is not in my drive.

@GB Accelerator 

After testing a Zap step, there should be a DATA OUT tab that has the returned response.

That would include the GDoc ID and other data points.

Try turning the Zap ON and testing live.

Then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace and troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

The folder im trying to send it to is in a shared drive but the google doc step seems to only let me send docs to my drive. i tried to get around this by creating a shortcut to the folder in my drive. Could that be the problem? Is there a better way to create a doc in a shared drive?

@GB Accelerator 

Help links for using GDrive in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-drive/help

Also, you can't trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the Zap.
The connected account must be the owner.

@GB Accelerator 

You may have to explore this approach:

Create the GDoc on your GDrive Drive

Then use a Zap action (GDrive - Move File) to move the file from your GDrive Drive to the desired GDrive Shared Drive.

is there a way to do this without a search step in the move file zap?

@GB Accelerator 

No search step is needed to try this approach.

• Action: GDoc - Create Doc from Template
    • Returns the GDrive File ID
  • Action: GDrive - Move File
    • Map the GDrive File ID from the previous step

This doesn’t make sense or seem to work. What would the trigger be?

@GB Accelerator 
Trigger would be the same trigger you are already using.

Trigger: Typeform - New Entry