Google Chat unable to load choices

• 22 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

With Google Chat, I am currently getting a ‘unable to load choices’ error. This has started happening since I added the zapier bot to every single chat space within the organisation, which is about 90 groups. My hypothesis is that I might have hit some sort of limit.

I can still post in the groups by manually finding the URL of the space, so this isn’t a fatal error, but it is slightly less convenient than having the handy search function

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @James Gower!

I’ve been looking into this and can’t see other reports of this error. And I don’t see any specific limits documented, but that doesn’t mean your theory is incorrect!

Did you happen to notice what number of spaces you were able to reach before running into that error? Would be great to know so that we can get this information documented! 

That said, did you reconnect your existing Google Chat app after adding the bots to all of the spaces? If not, it might be worth reconnecting the Google Chat account to see if that helps to refresh the connection with Google and allow the Zap to load in the chat rooms correctly.

Looking forward to hearing from you!