Question

Google Calendar & Trello - stuck in loop

• 25 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I set up a new Zap to create a card on my Trello board when a new event is added to my google calendar. 

I also set up a Zap to create an event on my calendar when I add a new card to my Trello board with the label “meeting.”

But now I have a loop that I can’t stop!! (It’s paused right now) I looked at the help articles and the only thing I found was adding a random tag in “notes” and using it as a filter. However, I don’t see how to actually do that in my zap. Help!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @javabean8 ,

There is a way to solve this. First add a custom field to record Google Calender event Id on Trello Card. Edit your Zap to below. 

1. New event added in Google Calendar → Search for Trello card where lookup key is above custom field and value is event id → If Trello card does not exists → Create a Trello Card (Add google Calendar details with calendar id)

1. New card added in Trello → (If above custom field value is empty) → Than create an event in Google Calendar → Add Google Event id in the newly create calendar event.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @javabean8 

Please give it a try on the suggestion of Jayesh and keep us posted!

Thanks for the response and while it seems like this should be clear, I still don’t understand what I am supposed to do.

In the Zap where I have the calendar event FIRST and want to add it to Trello, I set up to add a “Custom Label” with the event ID.

I don’t understand how to then search for that label in the other Zap. Am I using the filter? If so, how?

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @javabean8

Since you are in the process of utilizing @jayeshkumarbhatia  recommendation, I’m going to tag them just in case I am interpreting this wrong. I believe the step you are missing, as indicated, is Paths by Zapier. This sets up conditional logic for your Zap.